Optional email code
1. Favorite Book of all time AND the last book you read?
For Whom the Bell Tolls- Ernest Hemingway;
The Art of Fielding- Chad Harbach
2. If you could master one skill you don’t have right now, what would it be?
Financial Planning/Using the Stock Market
3. What’s your Zodiac Sign? If you know anything about it do you think it’s you?
Sagittarius- I believe that we create our own personalities and destinies so I do not pay any attention to zodiacs.
4. What’s the First album you bought and what media was it on? (CD, tape, 8 track?)
Lynyrd Skynyrd; Skynyrd’s Innyrds- CD; This speaks volumes to the fact that I grew up on a farm in rural Pennsylvania
5. If you had to sacrifice one of your five senses which would it be and why?
Hearing- Of all of the senses, hearing is the one that I believe would negatively impact me the least. I would never give up taste or smell because I love eating so much.
6. What was your dream job growing up? Astronaut, cowboy/girl, Science Ninja?
Believe it or not, I always wanted to be a lawyer. I loved the idea of not being taken advantage of by people who claim that they knew “the law.”
7. What’s your favorite thing about Pittsburgh?
This is a tough one. I would have to say that it’s a tie between the people here and the direction that the city is taking. I have never found people anywhere who are more kind, sincere and willing to tell you exactly what they think. I am also excited for the potential that the city holds. It seems like our Mayor and elected officials are doing all of the right things and helping Pittsburgh grow into a more beautiful, successful, environmentally friendly and inclusive community.
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I have always wanted to visit Ireland and see where it is that my family comes from.
9. In what ways are you a leader? In what ways are you a follower?
I believe that I exhibit my leadership most when it comes to voicing my opinion when it’s contrary to what most people believe and feel. I have never been one to compromise my opinions and values to appease others. However, I always take other people’s feelings into consideration and include others in the process. I must say that I have always struggled to be a follower. However, I know enough to know what I do not know. When I recognize that someone has a better understanding of a situation or issue, I let them take the lead and just hope that I can use my skills to better assist them.
10. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and how would you use it?
I have thought about this a lot. I would not want x-ray vision or the ability to fly; I would want the ability to know how people actually feel rather than what façade they are putting on. Selfishly, it would help me be more successful in practicing law and business. On the noble side, it would help me understand people better and would cause me to treat everyone like they deserve to be treated. So, either that or the ability to teleport. Either one is fine with me.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | © New Leaders Council Pittsburgh 2016
Built by on