Optional email code
1. Favorite Book of all time AND the last book you read?
My favorite books is a tie between I MAY NOT GET THERE WITH YOU by Michael Eric Dyson and INVISIBLE MAN by Ralph Ellison, though Toni Morrison is my favorite author, going away. I just finished reading The Sixth Extinction by Elizabeth Kolbert and The Golden Notebook by Doris Lessing
2. If you could master one skill you don’t have right now, what would it be?
The skill that I would love to have is speed reading, so that I could get through more books.
3. What’s your Zodiac Sign? If you know anything about it do you think it’s you?
I think that I am an Aries, but I am vehemently opposed to the signs of the Zodiac.
4. What’s the First album you bought and what media was it on? (CD, tape, 8 track?)
My first album was a II by Boys II Men on cassette tape.
5. If you had to sacrifice one of your five senses which would it be and why?
I would definitely give up my sense of taste, because I value my sense of touch, sight and hearing a lot, and losing my sense of smell will take away much of the benefit of taste anyway, so taste is the default sacrifice.
6. What was your dream job growing up? Astronaut, cowboy/girl, Science Ninja?
I know I am kinda a nerd, but my dream growing up was to be a sociology professor and a public intellectual.
7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
My passion is sustainability and so I want to be helping lead the Pittsburgh community as we ensure both the environmental and economic sustainability of all of our communities.
8. What’s your favorite thing about Pittsburgh?
Perhaps this is myopic, but my favorite thing about Pittsburgh is my family.
9. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
The international trip I would most like to make is to Ghana, since as an African- American man, I do feel a connection to West Africa, the likely origin of many of my ancestors.
10. In what ways are you a leader? In what ways are you a follower?
I tend to reject the leader/ follower dichotomy; instead I try to follow four key principle in all of my interactions with others:
1. Being a man of integrity
2. Showing love to everyone
3. Seeking growth for both myself and those around me.
4. Focusing on serving other people first, particularly the disenfranchised.
11. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and how would you use it?
The superpower I would most love to have is healing, so I could radically transform the lives of people around the globe.
Contact: email@example.com | © New Leaders Council Pittsburgh 2016
Built by on