Meet Rose Semple 2016 Pittsburgh Fellow
1. Favorite Book of all time AND the last book you read?
All TIME: Beloved by Toni Morrison
LAST BOOK: Peace is Every Step by Thich Nhat Hanh
2. If you could master one skill you don’t have right now, what would it be?
3. What’s your Zodiac Sign? If you know anything about it do you think it’s you?
Scorpio. They are said to be loyal and independent, which I am. They are also supposed to be jealous and suspicious, which I try not to be.
4. What’s the First album you bought and what media was it on? (CD, tape, 8 track?
It was definitely on tape. Probably a movie soundtrack – either Aladdin or The Bodyguard.
5. What’s your favorite thing about Pittsburgh?
The people. I have met a lot of kind, fun, interesting people in Pittsburgh. My favorite thing about this city is whatever it is that keeps all the wonderful people here.
6. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Space. Does that count? I want to know what it feels like to perceive my home as one tiny part of the vast universe. But if space doesn’t count then I choose Rome.
7. In what ways are you a leader? In what ways are you a follower?
When I am in a group I am compelled to bring everyone into the conversation, which makes me a good leader. I am also willing to place my trust in someone else’s direction, which makes me a good follower.
8. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and how would you use it?
I would love to fly like Superman. I would use my power for the simple joy of it.